POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Should STURM cause artifacts? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Should STURM cause artifacts? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Severi Salminen
Subject: Should STURM cause artifacts?
Date: 8 Feb 2004 05:18:27
Message: <40260cf3$1@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to model a simple glass bottle. SOR would be a fine way to do it
but I get some odd artifacts whenever I add STURM keyword (see the scene
below). So can STURM cause these black specks or is it a result of some
other thing?

------------------------------

global_settings{ max_trace_level 50 }

camera {
        location <5,45,-20>
        look_at <0,15,0>
}

light_source { <30,50,-50> 1 }

plane{ y,-10
        pigment { checker rgb 1 rgb 0 scale 10 }
}

sor {
     6, <5,-1>, <5,0>, <4.5,16>, <1.5,22>, <1.5,30>, <1.5,31>
     sturm
     pigment { rgbf 1 }
     interior { ior 1.5 }
}