POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : max_trace_level and objects with ior=1 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  max_trace_level and objects with ior=1 (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Vaclav Cermak
Subject: max_trace_level and objects with ior=1
Date: 19 May 2004 09:27:26
Message: <40ab60be$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,

  is any way how to not use max_trace_level when object has ior=1? It
can be very useful for scenes where you have for example 200 bitmap
trees on polygons at one side of road and some glass things. When you
set max_trace_level too low, you will get errors at polygons with trees.
When you set max_trace_level to neccesasry value for trees (200, in this
   case and worst camera setttings), the glass will render
unneccessarilly slow.

   I think, that there is no reason why use max_trace_level for objects
with ior=1 and no reflection, because there is no way how to reach
infinite depth of raytracing, as in the case of glass box with ior != 1.

Regads

Vaclav

Post a reply to this message