POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CSDL Status Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  CSDL Status (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Christopher James Huff
Subject: CSDL Status
Date: 14 Apr 2002 15:13:20
Message: <chrishuff-9EB82F.15152214042002@netplex.aussie.org>
There won't be an update this weekend. I'm reworking the object system a
bit, the new syntax will look something like:

OBJECT_KIND OBJECT_NAME = OBJECT_PROTOTYPE.clone()|
                          OBJECT_PROTOTYPE.derive()|
                          load(FILENAME)
[{OBJECT_BLOCK}];

If OBJECT_KIND is something other than "object", only objects that are
derived from, clones of, or delegate an object based on OBJECT_KIND are
accepted. For example, if OBJECT_KIND is "stream", only objects that can
be used as streams will be accepted. Since all objects are based on
"object", using "object" will simply turn this checking off.

I've also made some changes to delegates and the "self" identifier, I'm
still working on this.

I've also added a "reference" operator that will make an identifier
refer to another variable. Currently the operator is ":=:". I'm debating
whether or not to add a reference type...

TAG web site: http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message