POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : UV-mapping?? Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:31:02 EDT (-0400)
  UV-mapping?? (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Remco Poelstra
Subject: UV-mapping??
Date: 16 Aug 2000 06:04:51
Message: <399ABC6B.5E1E0F97@home.nl>
Hi,

Can someone tell me what UV-mapping is?

Remco Poelstra

Post a reply to this message

From: Libellule
Subject: Re: UV-mapping??
Date: 16 Aug 2000 13:33:10
Message: <399AD093.6FC312BE@insectes.net>
It is a way of applying a texture to an object in such a way that points
on the texture will be mapped onto the object at similar parametric
coordinates. For example, let's say the bottom left is (u,v) = (0,0) and
top right is (u,v) = (1,1), and we map that over a bicubic_patch, the
(u,v) of the texture will follow the (u,v) of the patch, and be deformed
with it.

See p.b.i for example image :-)

Post a reply to this message

> It is a way of applying a texture to an object in such a way that points
> on the texture will be mapped onto the object at similar parametric
> coordinates. For example, let's say the bottom left is (u,v) = (0,0) and
> top right is (u,v) = (1,1), and we map that over a bicubic_patch, the
> (u,v) of the texture will follow the (u,v) of the patch, and be deformed
> with it.
>
> See p.b.i for example image :-)

So, it isn't anything more than an intelligent imagemap?

Thanks for the explaining and the example,

Remco Poelstra

Post a reply to this message