POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : New POV-Ray webpage Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:33:55 EDT (-0400)
  New POV-Ray webpage (Message 91 to 100 of 147)
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Subject: Re: New POV-Ray webpage
Date: 16 Jul 2002 12:21:59
Message: <3d344827@news.povray.org>
In article <jer### [at] netplexaussieorg> , Jerry
<jer### [at] acusdedu>  wrote:

> An anchor needs a closing tag in the same way as <em> and <strong> need
> closing tags. There isn't any "implied ending" except perhaps at the end
> of a paragraph-level tag.

But then, why does Mozilla turn it into a *link*, inferring that it has a
"href" attribute while it does not?  That is a bug!!!  The standard is very
precise about the difference between "href" and "name" type a tags.  The
"name" variant does behave like a destination, not an origin...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde