POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : return dictionary from macro [bug?] Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:25:36 EDT (-0400)
  return dictionary from macro [bug?] (Message 1 to 10 of 26)
From: ingo
Subject: return dictionary from macro [bug?]
Date: 13 Apr 2021 13:17:04
Message: <XnsAD0BC42BCF8Aseed7@news.povray.org>
Not sure wether this was reported before.

//-----------
#version 3.8;

#macro SomeThing(A)
  #local RD = dictionary;
  RD
#end

#declare SD = SomeThing(1);
//-----------

This crashes POV-Ray. Sometimes it asks to write a dump file.

//-----------
#version 3.8;

#macro SomeThing(A)
  #local RD = dictionary;
  (RD)
#end

#declare SD = SomeThing(1);
//------------

This results in: test.pov" line 5: Parse Error: Expected 'numeric
expression', dictionary
identifier found instead

Ingo

Post a reply to this message

> Not sure wether this was reported before.
>
> //-----------
> #version 3.8;
>
> #macro SomeThing(A)
>   #local RD = dictionary;
>   RD
> #end
>
> #declare SD = SomeThing(1);
> //-----------
>
> This crashes POV-Ray. Sometimes it asks to write a dump file.

here (unofficial alpha.10064268) it parses cleanly, with and without argument.
 can also assign key to 'SD'.  only warnings (assumed gamma, no objects).

> //-----------
> #version 3.8;
>
> #macro SomeThing(A)
>   #local RD = dictionary;
>   (RD)
> #end
>
> #declare SD = SomeThing(1);
> //------------
>

> This results in: test.pov" line 5: Parse Error: Expected 'numeric
> expression', dictionary
> identifier found instead

same here.

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

> here (unofficial alpha.10064268) it parses cleanly, with and without
> argument.
>  can also assign key to 'SD'.  only warnings (assumed gamma, no
>  objects).

Should have added:
This is version 3.8.0-x.10064738+av694.msvc14.win64.
Win10.

Thanks jr, I'll step a version or so back tomorrow to test.

Ingo

Post a reply to this message

> Not sure wether this was reported before.
>

> //-----------
> #version 3.8;
>
> #macro SomeThing(A)
>    #local RD = dictionary;
>    RD
> #end
>
> #declare SD = SomeThing(1);
> //-----------
>
> This crashes POV-Ray. Sometimes it asks to write a dump file.
>

> //-----------
> #version 3.8;
>
> #macro SomeThing(A)
>    #local RD = dictionary;
>    (RD)
> #end
>
> #declare SD = SomeThing(1);
> //------------
>

> This results in: test.pov" line 5: Parse Error: Expected 'numeric
> expression', dictionary
> identifier found instead
>
> Ingo

Using 3.8.0-alpha.10064268-+av691.msvc14w

First code works fine.
Second code crashes with identical parse error.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message