POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : return dictionary from macro [bug?] : Re: return dictionary from macro [bug?] Server Time
25 Apr 2024 18:35:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: return dictionary from macro [bug?]
From: ingo
Date: 14 Apr 2021 13:44:20
Message: <XnsAD0CC8C65C6BAseed7@news.povray.org>
in news:6076e733$1@news.povray.org William F Pokorny wrote:

>> //-----------
>> #version 3.8;
>>
>> #macro SomeThing(A)
>>    #local RD = dictionary;
>>    RD
>> #end
>>
>> #declare SD = SomeThing(1);
>> //-----------
>>

> I'm confused as to what you are trying to do. Not myself used
> dictionaries much as yet, but it looks to me like you are after:

The goal is to build a datastructure with the macro to pass around. After
eliminating everything in the body of the macro this is what's left.

Haven't tried other versions of POV-Ray yet. Fiddling with something else.
Will try soon as my old brain starts to remember discussing this with
clipka before, .. I think.

Ingo