POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Gilles' exposition in Vietnam Server Time
1 Aug 2024 00:18:33 EDT (-0400)
  Gilles' exposition in Vietnam (Message 4 to 13 of 13)
From: Rene Bui
Subject: Re: Gilles' exposition in Vietnam
Date: 30 Aug 2006 17:25:00
Message: <web.44f601bfef2c9e0a8c0226370@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <gitran_nospam_@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Really, I DO NOT plan to "open a gallery" in Saigon and the nice lady who
> has actually been running the Mai gallery for the last 4 years won't be
> pleased to learn that I'm going to "open" her gallery :D

So fun !! LOL

Post a reply to this message

From: ingo
Date: 31 Aug 2006 01:32:13
Message: <Xns98304CAB89A92seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:44f5fc58$1@news.povray.org Gilles Tran wrote:

> Really, I DO NOT plan to "open a gallery" in Saigon and [...]

When reading it I kind of expected there to be a few translation errors :)

Ingo

Post a reply to this message

From: St
Date: 31 Aug 2006 01:55:08
Message: <44f679bc$1@news.povray.org>
"ingo" <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message
> in news:44f5fc58$1@news.povray.org Gilles Tran wrote:
>
>> Really, I DO NOT plan to "open a gallery" in Saigon and [...]
>
> When reading it I kind of expected there to be a few translation errors :)

    Errors? Errors?! ERRORS!!   :op

     LOL!  :)

     ~Steve~

> Ingo

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Sep 2006 02:57:20
Message: <44f7d9d0@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <gitran_nospam_@wanadoo.fr> schreef in bericht

> The actual story, much less newsworthy, is that there's some remote
> possibility that I may have a show in that gallery next year. There's a
> lot to sort out before it becomes a reality. In any case, 3D and digital
> art are very new in Vietnam, as are most forms of contemporary art, and
> generally speaking there's a hunger for all the shiny stuff they've been
> missing all these years.

All the same, Gilles, I applaud your initiative. If somebody is able to be a
3D-art ambassador it is you. As a side line, I think, promoting thus the
cheap end of the software market, which probably is not a small issue in
Vietnam. In the end it may well reveal a lot of new/potential artists.
Well done.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> All the same, Gilles, I applaud your initiative. If somebody is able to be
> a 3D-art ambassador it is you. As a side line, I think, promoting thus the
> cheap end of the software market, which probably is not a small issue in
> Vietnam. In the end it may well reveal a lot of new/potential artists.
> Well done.

Thanks! Note that software prices aren't a real problem in Vietnam, since
the concept of "intellectual property" hasn't been translated there yet...
What is called piracy elsewhere (of nearly everything from sunglasses to oil
paintings) is a normal state of things here. This may change a bit when VN
enters WTO but for now hardware prices, lack of training and power cuts are
more likely limitations.

G.

Post a reply to this message

> Just came in through Google alerts:
>
> http://www.thanhniennews.com/entertaiments/?catid=6&newsid=19493

Wow, I've been away and I missed this headline.  Belated congrats, Gilles!

...and no more moustache?

Post a reply to this message

"Jeremy M. Praay" <jer### [at] questsoftwarecmo> wrote in message
> "ingo" <ing### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message
>> Just came in through Google alerts:
>>
>> http://www.thanhniennews.com/entertaiments/?catid=6&newsid=19493
>>

> Wow, I've been away and I missed this headline.  Belated congrats, Gilles!

    Jeremy, welcome back, but it's not true. I got caught too...  :o/

     But my sentiment was good for go.  :o)

     ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message