POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Gilles' exposition in Vietnam : Re: Gilles' exposition in Vietnam Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gilles' exposition in Vietnam
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Sep 2006 02:57:20
Message: <44f7d9d0@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <gitran_nospam_@wanadoo.fr> schreef in bericht
news:44f5fc58$1@news.povray.org...

> The actual story, much less newsworthy, is that there's some remote
> possibility that I may have a show in that gallery next year. There's a
> lot to sort out before it becomes a reality. In any case, 3D and digital
> art are very new in Vietnam, as are most forms of contemporary art, and
> generally speaking there's a hunger for all the shiny stuff they've been
> missing all these years.

All the same, Gilles, I applaud your initiative. If somebody is able to be a
3D-art ambassador it is you. As a side line, I think, promoting thus the
cheap end of the software market, which probably is not a small issue in
Vietnam. In the end it may well reveal a lot of new/potential artists.
Well done.

Thomas