POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Shorten Code Tips Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shorten Code Tips (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Subject: Re: Shorten Code Tips
Date: 29 Feb 2004 18:27:09
Message: <Xns949F48A2E6E9raf256com@203.29.75.35>
tim.nikias (@) nolights.de news:404227f9@news.povray.org

(ups I posted to quite wrong n-g so now FUT: to .general)

>> anyone maybe have idea how to shorten
>>   L(y)L(y)L(z)L(z)L(x)L(x)
> Nope, not unless I know the macros and have an idea how they might
> simply do double output.

it's impossible to shorten L() macro itself probably

code is in .b.i

>> and
>>   union{... rotate R*90translate T scale.5}
> Maybe the objects in the union could be scaled by .5 directly (e.g.

same as above. I was thinking, wasn't it be shorten to use matrix syntax?

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/
Computer Graphics

Post a reply to this message

> > Nope, not unless I know the macros and have an idea how they might
> > simply do double output.
>
> it's impossible to shorten L() macro itself probably
>
> code is in .b.i

Couldn't find the script. Maybe a pointer, or send me the file via email?

> >> and
> >>   union{... rotate R*90translate T scale.5}
> > Maybe the objects in the union could be scaled by .5 directly (e.g.
>
> same as above. I was thinking, wasn't it be shorten to use matrix syntax?

Well, Matrix has 12 digits, seperated by commas within the standard "<" and
">" and needs matrix keyword, that's 31 symbols minimum. now let's see
above: only 30.... And you'd need code to generate the matrix in the first
place...

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>