POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I have been raytracing to long ! Server Time
3 Aug 2024 18:16:12 EDT (-0400)
  I have been raytracing to long ! (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Subject: I have been raytracing to long !
Date: 26 Oct 2003 18:32:12
Message: <Xns9421589E55A8torolavkhotmailcom@204.213.191.226>
A proof of this is that I often take photos of things that
makes me think about how it could be done with POV-Ray.

This may be things that has special shapes, textures, colors
combinations or light settings.

Today and yesterday I browsed through some of my color slides
and found several such photos.

I scanned them with my film scanner and transferred them to
this web page of mine:

http://home.no/t-o-k/fascinations1

Now I hope that maybe some of these photos can inspire you too.

Tor Olav

Post a reply to this message

And when you have a digital camera you get to shoot any stupid stone,
flower or broken glass that passes around ...
Then it's time to go to your psychiatrist ...  :-)

Nice photo though, inspiring,

JC

Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
> A proof of this is that I often take photos of things that
> makes me think about how it could be done with POV-Ray.
>
> This may be things that has special shapes, textures, colors
> combinations or light settings.
>
> Today and yesterday I browsed through some of my color slides
> and found several such photos.
>
> I scanned them with my film scanner and transferred them to
> this web page of mine:
>
> http://home.no/t-o-k/fascinations1
>

> Now I hope that maybe some of these photos can inspire you too.
>

> Tor Olav

Post a reply to this message

They are fantastic photos, very inspirational for POV, but also they stand
very well in their own right.

"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor_olav_kCURLYAhotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...

> A proof of this is that I often take photos of things that
> makes me think about how it could be done with POV-Ray.
>
> This may be things that has special shapes, textures, colors
> combinations or light settings.
>
> Today and yesterday I browsed through some of my color slides
> and found several such photos.
>
> I scanned them with my film scanner and transferred them to
> this web page of mine:
>
> http://home.no/t-o-k/fascinations1
>

> Now I hope that maybe some of these photos can inspire you too.
>

> Tor Olav

Post a reply to this message

> They are fantastic photos, very inspirational for POV, but also they stand
> very well in their own right.

I second that. You have a natural talent for photography. Well done.

Regards,

Roberto

Post a reply to this message

Tor Olav Kristensen <tor_olav_kCURLYAhotmail.com> wrote in
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226:

> A proof of this is that I often take photos of things that
> makes me think about how it could be done with POV-Ray.
>
> This may be things that has special shapes, textures, colors
> combinations or light settings.
>
> Today and yesterday I browsed through some of my color slides
> and found several such photos.
>
> I scanned them with my film scanner and transferred them to
> this web page of mine:
>
> http://home.no/t-o-k/fascinations1
>

> Now I hope that maybe some of these photos can inspire you too.

Thank you JC, Darren and Roberto for liking my photos.

I've just uploaded some more photos to my homepages.
They are all of old machine parts. They can be found here:

http://home.no/t-o-k/photo/NTM.html

They are shot on old fashion 35 mm color negatives or
positives (slides) and then scanned with my film scanner.

I hope you like these too.

Tor Olav