POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : perspective - calculations Server Time
6 Aug 2024 04:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  perspective - calculations (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Subject: perspective - calculations
Date: 4 Jul 2002 12:52:15
Message: <Xns9241BF6EAA147raf256com@204.213.191.226>
camera {
  location 0
  look_at z
}

how can I calculate (X,Y) of image for given <x,y,z> point, assuming image
is 1x1 and angle is A.
for perspective camera it will be
X=(x-0.5)*d + 0.5
Y=(y-0.5)*d + 0.5

(what's forumla for 'd' btw...)

what are formulas for diffrent camera types (especialy for fish_eye and
ultra_wide)

Subject: Re: perspective - calculations
Date: 4 Jul 2002 13:03:24
Message: <dpv8iuoqqousmoq0p5ishao8q214n4mb32@4ax.com>
On 4 Jul 2002 12:52:15 -0400, "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <raf### [at] raf256com> wrote:
> camera {
>   location 0
>   look_at z
> }
>
> how can I calculate (X,Y) of image for given <x,y,z> point, assuming image
> is 1x1 and angle is A.
> for perspective camera it will be
> X=(x-0.5)*d + 0.5
> Y=(y-0.5)*d + 0.5

take a look at my extension to standard screen.inc include file:
http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/23663/

> what are formulas for diffrent camera types (especialy for fish_eye and
> ultra_wide)

IIRC you have C skills so you can look for it in POV sources.

ABX

Post a reply to this message

> take a look at my extension to standard screen.inc include file:
> http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/23663/

>> what are formulas for diffrent camera types (especialy for fish_eye
>> and ultra_wide)
> IIRC you have C skills so you can look for it in POV sources.

no time to do this now :/

but - this question IS related with programming... I hope my idea will
work - and I will make somethig useful for POV :)