POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : perspective - calculations : Re: perspective - calculations Server Time
6 Aug 2024 02:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: perspective - calculations
From: Hermann Voßeler
Date: 4 Jul 2002 15:29:19
Message: <3D249FA5.6010104@webcon.de>
Rafal 'Raf256' Maj wrote:
>>>what are formulas for diffrent camera types (especialy for fish_eye
>>>and ultra_wide)
>>
>>IIRC you have C skills so you can look for it in POV sources.
>

> no time to do this now :/

I would guess it is much simpler to have a look at the formulas
in the source, than try to explain it by abstract mathematical
formula, because -- as a consequence of the way raytracing works
-- the cameras are defined "backwards", i.e. you enter pixel
coordinates and the camera constructs a ray.

The Function is called "create_ray()" and is located in RENDER.c
It is really pretty much self explaining... :-)

Hermann