POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : sphere_sweep feature request Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:21:43 EDT (-0400)
  sphere_sweep feature request (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
Subject: sphere_sweep feature request
Date: 29 Mar 2002 12:56:01
Message: <63a9augte30rmdtn5u79efoohua8o3najg@4ax.com>
I wonder if sphere sweep could be defined (in sdl) similiar to blob - with
spheres as components. If sphere_sweep intersection test can calculate radius
for specified intersection then it means it knows t value between noodes. If it
knows t value then it can average pigments of noodes. Probably best explanation
what I mean could be syntax example. I mean something like:

sphere_sweep{
  linear_spline
  sphere{<0,1,2> .1}
  sphere{<0,1,2> .2 pigment{red 1}}
  sphere{<7,6,6> .3 pigment{green 1}}
  sphere{<0,1,2> .4}
  sphere{<0,1,2> .5}
  pigment{blue 1}
}

Above example creates 4 segments - first goes from blue to red, second goes from
red to green, third goes from green to blue, fourth is completly blue.

Definetly something to try after source release.

ABX

Post a reply to this message