POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : sphere_sweep feature request : sphere_sweep feature request Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:24:06 EDT (-0400)
  sphere_sweep feature request
Date: 29 Mar 2002 12:56:01
Message: <63a9augte30rmdtn5u79efoohua8o3najg@4ax.com>
I wonder if sphere sweep could be defined (in sdl) similiar to blob - with
spheres as components. If sphere_sweep intersection test can calculate radius
for specified intersection then it means it knows t value between noodes. If it
knows t value then it can average pigments of noodes. Probably best explanation
what I mean could be syntax example. I mean something like:

sphere_sweep{
  linear_spline
  sphere{<0,1,2> .1}
  sphere{<0,1,2> .2 pigment{red 1}}
  sphere{<7,6,6> .3 pigment{green 1}}
  sphere{<0,1,2> .4}
  sphere{<0,1,2> .5}
  pigment{blue 1}
}

Above example creates 4 segments - first goes from blue to red, second goes from
red to green, third goes from green to blue, fourth is completly blue.

Definetly something to try after source release.

ABX