POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : "Wrapping" an image around a sphere Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:26:55 EDT (-0400)
  "Wrapping" an image around a sphere (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Tail Kinker
Subject: "Wrapping" an image around a sphere
Date: 27 Oct 2005 00:05:21
Message: <pan.2005.10.27.04.13.22.298504@contrabandent.com>
I'd like to take a map of a planet and wrap it around a sphere.  I thought
that perhaps the image_map texture was the way to go, but nope - it
doesn't work the way I thought.  (Shoulda read the manual...it works
*exactly* as advertised.)

Any ideas on how to handle such a hack?  The map is in Mercator's
projection.

--
ICQ#66022322       http://tailkinker.contrabandent.com
    Worker bees can leave