POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Atmosphere in pov.... Server Time
10 Aug 2024 01:18:09 EDT (-0400)
  Atmosphere in pov.... (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mario Splivalo
Subject: Atmosphere in pov....
Date: 10 Mar 2000 03:24:53
Message: <MPG.13326d56f955d85198968b@news.povray.org>
Is there any chance that POV Team guys will ad the old atmosphere, like
the one from POV 3.0? I can recreate the old one using media keyword
(I've been playing with the setting people told me about in moray.win
group), but, it's SLOOOOOOOOOOW!

It would be nice if I could use that old keywoard, because my scene
contains some objects that use media, so I can't just use Pov 3.0.

What about others?

	Mike

Post a reply to this message

> Is there any chance that POV Team guys will ad the old atmosphere, like
> the one from POV 3.0? I can recreate the old one using media keyword
> (I've been playing with the setting people told me about in moray.win
> group), but, it's SLOOOOOOOOOOW!
>
> It would be nice if I could use that old keywoard, because my scene
> contains some objects that use media, so I can't just use Pov 3.0.

My feel of it is that the POV-Team is not likely to go back to the
Atmosphere that was in v3.0. There were too many internal problems
with it and it was not as versatile as the media feature is.

  In POV-Ray v3.5, due to be released sometime this year, there will
be some improvements made to the media feature that should help with
the long render times.

:   In POV-Ray v3.5, due to be released sometime this year, there will
: be some improvements made to the media feature that should help with
: the long render times.

  Actually the media method 3 is almost exactly the same as the old
athomsphere/halo.