POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Anyone know about NT? Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:23:29 EDT (-0400)
  Anyone know about NT? (Message 15 to 24 of 34)
From: Andrew McDavid
Subject: Re: Anyone know about NT?
Date: 4 Jun 1998 02:06:07
Message: <3576394F.CE9FDD9F@iname.com>
povray.org admin team wrote:

> Andrew M <tot### [at] inamecom> wrote:
>
> >How about the fact that it costs ~200 dollars, OEM.
>
> I was going to mention that myself. This is the primary reason why I had to
> choose not to make the new POVWIN rendering engine an NT-only service. Many of
> our users simply can't afford the high cost of NT.

You mean so there is no windows 95/98 verson?  What about ports to other
OSes? $200 buys a hefty amount of processing power, like it could buy a
moniterless K6 200, maybe even a 233 or 266, for a renderfarm. Or it
could upgrade me to K6 300 plus 30 bucks to spare.

Andrew McDavid

Post a reply to this message