POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Crashing with transparent objects. Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray Crashing with transparent objects. (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: bluefeather1701
Subject: POV-Ray Crashing with transparent objects.
Date: 22 Apr 1998 05:52:08
Message: <6hkek8$b0k$1@oz.aussie.org>
Heya! I'm a fairly experienced POV user... about four years now. I'm still
running the DOS version... and will be, until death us do part. I have a
scene with a highly reflective picture frame, two candles (with VERY real-
istic wax translucency FX, I might add) in gothic holders, and some lens
flare thrown in for good measure. I noticed that in one part of the scene,
I was getting dark streaks where lens flare fx should be, so I increased the
max_trace_level
to about 50... to make a long story short, regardless what trace_level
I indicated, POV would crash with a CauseWay error whenever the maximum
number of levels (so far as I could tell) was reached. I figured it was
either my machine or compile, so I uploaded it to the local SPARC station,
and ran it in that, using the SunOS compile. It crashed as well... this is not
the first time I've had this problem... anyone know why? Or how I might
rectify this problem?

Post a reply to this message

I don't know what your problem is exactly, but it really looks like it is the same I
have : with transparency and ior, high max_trace_levels would GPF (in windows95).
I was told by a member of Pov-Ray team that this bug was corrected in POV 3.1.

I don't know if it is any help to you, but I can't help more than that.
CU,
Al.

--
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :

To answer me, please take out the Z from my address.