POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stupid fatfingers Server Time
27 Sep 2024 01:13:20 EDT (-0400)
  Stupid fatfingers (Message 7 to 16 of 16)
From: Kelumden
Subject: Re: Stupid fatfingers
Date: 27 Aug 2024 08:40:00
Message: <web.66cdc7df8092bf0c587c26bf123015f7@news.povray.org>
> I'm using GNU/Linux, where file undeletion requires a 3-credit semester
> course to learn how to do it.

Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no need for a dedicated course. You got
two options.

First one (under Linux Mint with Caja file manager) is found in the Edit menu,
option Undo (accessible by Ctrl+Z). After some delay, the last deleted
 file should reappear ...

Second option is a bit more involving: open Trash in your file manager and sort
it by date (from newest to oldest). You could find the requested file near the
top of the list of files, which appears after a more or less long list of
folders.

The second option can help you recover a file deleted some time ago. The first
one is an immediate action.

I hope this will help you a little. BTW, no shame having fat fingers: it happens
to me from time to time !

Kelumden a.k.a. Vincent Dumont

Post a reply to this message

> The second option can help you recover a file deleted some time ago. The first
> one is an immediate action.

According to description provided, file was not deleted. File was
overwritten.

--
Ilyich the Toad
https://dnyarri.github.io/