POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stupid fatfingers : Re: Stupid fatfingers Server Time
27 Sep 2024 01:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stupid fatfingers
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 27 Aug 2024 10:46:26
Message: <66cde6c2$1@news.povray.org>
On 2024-08-27 08:36 (-4), Kelumden wrote:

> First one (under Linux Mint with Caja file manager) is found in the Edit menu,
> option Undo (accessible by Ctrl+Z). After some delay, the last deleted
>  file should reappear ...

If I had known 3 years ago what I know today, I would have bought a
Linux Mint machine.  However, the KDE Dolphin file manager has the same
feature.  Not that it matters; see below.

> Second option is a bit more involving: open Trash in your file manager and sort
> it by date (from newest to oldest). You could find the requested file near the
> top of the list of files, which appears after a more or less long list of
> folders.

The problem is that these only work if you delete the file via the file
manager, or via an app that uses the trash folder (such as Gwenview).
This file was deleted by POV-Ray as part of the process of rendering a
new image.  It never went to the trash.