POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lighting used by the Wolfram Server Time
27 Apr 2024 13:14:46 EDT (-0400)
  Lighting used by the Wolfram (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: kurtz le pirate
Subject: Lighting used by the Wolfram
Date: 21 Jan 2024 11:20:24
Message: <65ad4448$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I've tried to reproduce the lighting model used at Wolfram.
I used this example : "Phyllotaxis Spiral Pattern on a Sphere"
<https://demonstrations.wolfram.com/PhyllotaxisSpiralPatternOnASphere/>

I can't do any better than the attached image.

There are a few explanations here :
<http://reference.wolframcloud.com/language/tutorial/TheStructureOfGraphicsAndSound.html#20392>

Maybe some ideas ?

--