POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Repeating texture sprite Server Time
29 Apr 2024 15:29:21 EDT (-0400)
  Repeating texture sprite (Message 11 to 20 of 25)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Re: Repeating texture sprite
Date: 1 Mar 2016 02:24:55
Message: <56d543c7$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/29/2016 10:03 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/message/%3C01bde695%2434006a80%246a0e8dc3%40default%3E/#%3C01bde695%2434006a80%24
> 6a0e8dc3%40default%3E

Maybe here:

http://www.reocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/otherincludes.html

https://web.archive.org/web/19991106003247/http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/otherincludes.html

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Date: 1 Mar 2016 02:25:39
Message: <56d543f3$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/29/2016 8:20 AM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Not _quite_ following what you need.
> Did you need to make these things:
> http://uploads.gamedev.net/monthly_06_2011/ccs-8549-0-57863900-1307467523_thumb.gif
>   ?

Yes, exactly. I was hoping to avoid using Photoshop however. I want to
do everything in POV-Ray.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 1 Mar 2016 02:50:26
Message: <56d549c2$1@news.povray.org>
On 1-3-2016 4:03, Bald Eagle wrote:
> I also just found this, from ... 1998

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/message/%3C01bde695%2434006a80%246a0e8dc3%40default%3E/#%3C01bde695%2434006a80%24
> 6a0e8dc3%40default%3E
>
> Does anyone have a copy of this include file squirreled away on their hard
> drive?
> TdG probably has it, but it might take him all week to find it...   :D
>
> Sounds pretty interesting though.

cough! cough! Lots of dust in my attic...

Here it is.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tile generator.zip' (7 KB)

From: Mike Horvath
Date: 1 Mar 2016 03:08:54
Message: <56d54e16@news.povray.org>
On 2/29/2016 8:20 AM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Not _quite_ following what you need.
> Did you need to make these things:
> http://uploads.gamedev.net/monthly_06_2011/ccs-8549-0-57863900-1307467523_thumb.gif
>   ?

Here are the images again, but clearer.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ccs-8549-0-92862100-1307467497.gif' (3 KB) Download 'ccs-8549-0-57863900-1307467523.gif' (8 KB)

Preview of image 'ccs-8549-0-92862100-1307467497.gif'
ccs-8549-0-92862100-1307467497.gif

Preview of image 'ccs-8549-0-57863900-1307467523.gif'

On 3/1/2016 2:50 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 1-3-2016 4:03, Bald Eagle wrote:
>> I also just found this, from ... 1998

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/message/%3C01bde695%2434006a80%246a0e8dc3%40default%3E/#%3C01bde695%2434006a80%24

>> 6a0e8dc3%40default%3E
>>
>> Does anyone have a copy of this include file squirreled away on their
>> hard
>> drive?
>> TdG probably has it, but it might take him all week to find it...   :D
>>
>> Sounds pretty interesting though.
>>

> cough! cough! Lots of dust in my attic...
>
> Here it is.

I played around with this a bit. It seems it creates images that can be
imported and used in subsequent scenes as repeating textures, but not
repeating flat textures that can be used within the *same* scene. Unless
I'm missing something.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

There's a bunch of includes I'm sure I'll love playing with.

Post a reply to this message