POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : REQUEST Server Time
1 May 2024 00:39:10 EDT (-0400)
  REQUEST (Message 1 to 10 of 31)
From: Sven Littkowski
Subject: REQUEST
Date: 13 Jan 2016 21:53:21
Message: <56970da1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have a small request. I can work well with POV-Ray and its numeric
coordinate system, but I find it difficult to work with WYSIWYG editors
and thus with other render software.

I am in need of a plastic part for my meat grinder (a part that allows
me to create my own sausages). I can easily create this part in POV-Ray,
but not in any other software. But I need it as a 3DS or even better as
a STL file format, in order to have someone 3D printing it for me.

My idea is that I would create that part in POV-Ray (it is a very simple
shape), and in the correct dimensions, and someone here hopefully would
be able to re-create that part in an other renderer.

Is that okay? Is here anyone who could do me this favor?

The shape is a combination of a ring (hollow), an hollow cone, and an
hollow cylinder. In my next posting here I am adding the source code. It
would be nice, if anyone could assist me. Thanks.

Post a reply to this message