POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : REQUEST : Re: REQUEST Server Time
21 May 2024 05:57:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: REQUEST
From: scott
Date: 15 Jan 2016 03:59:16
Message: <5698b4e4$1@news.povray.org>
> Important is, that cylinder and cone walls have the same thickness, 3 mm
> and not less (as they have to withstand a lot of pressure from the
> grinded meat being forced there inside. And the cylinder walls must have
> that angle of 45° and the ring must have that overhang of 33 on its top,
> otherwise that part would not fit into the machine's frontal closing part.

For these sort of parts it's usually best to specify them by drawing a
section view (like the first one I posted) and labelling the important
dimensions. Far easier than you trying to describe what is important and
me trying to interpret it.

Your model at the moment does not have a uniform 3 mm wall thickness, so
if I start changing it to satisfy this requirement, I don't know what
other dimensions are critical for you. If you want to post a cross
section sketch (can even be hand drawn) with the dimensions marked then
I'll make another model for you. Make sure to mark the actual dimensions
that are important for the functionality (eg the wall thickness should
be 3mm, angle of 45 degrees etc) rather than thinking in terms of
coordinates that POV would require.