POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Star field and Lens flare Server Time
5 Jul 2024 11:33:33 EDT (-0400)
  Star field and Lens flare (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Reuben Pearse
Subject: Star field and Lens flare
Date: 15 Aug 2014 04:24:03
Message: <53edc3a3$1@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

I'm working on a render of a Lego Millenium Falcon. I would like to make it
appear in space.

Can anyone suggest some good tips for rendering a star field - ideally I'd
like a planet in the background as well - see this image:
http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-ucs-millennium-falcon-being-released-in-future/

or this one:

http://www.toybrixandblox.com/lego-sets/lego-star-wars-2000-millennium-falcon-7190/

I think I remember previously using Nathan Kopp's nkflare to achieve a lens
flare - is that still a good option for a lens flare effect?

Thanks

Reuben

Post a reply to this message

"Reuben Pearse" <reu### [at] pearsecouk> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm working on a render of a Lego Millenium Falcon. I would like to make it
> appear in space.
>
> Can anyone suggest some good tips for rendering a star field - ideally I'd
> like a planet in the background as well - see this image:

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-ucs-millennium-falcon-being-released-in-future/

> or this one:
>
> http://www.toybrixandblox.com/lego-sets/lego-star-wars-2000-millennium-falcon-7190/
>

> I think I remember previously using Nathan Kopp's nkflare to achieve a lens
> flare - is that still a good option for a lens flare effect?
>

> Thanks
>
> Reuben

May be the galaxy macros by Chris Colefax will help you:

http://www.reocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/galaxy.html

But playing around with it can be a bit addictive...

Best regards,
Michael