POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Star field and Lens flare : Star field and Lens flare Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:11:49 EDT (-0400)
  Star field and Lens flare
From: Reuben Pearse
Date: 15 Aug 2014 04:24:03
Message: <53edc3a3$1@news.povray.org>
Hi there,

I'm working on a render of a Lego Millenium Falcon. I would like to make it
appear in space.

Can anyone suggest some good tips for rendering a star field - ideally I'd
like a planet in the background as well - see this image:
http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-ucs-millennium-falcon-being-released-in-future/

or this one:

http://www.toybrixandblox.com/lego-sets/lego-star-wars-2000-millennium-falcon-7190/

I think I remember previously using Nathan Kopp's nkflare to achieve a lens
flare - is that still a good option for a lens flare effect?

Thanks

Reuben