POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : And once again: compiling and installing 3.7 under Debian Linux... Server Time
6 Oct 2024 18:43:54 EDT (-0400)
  And once again: compiling and installing 3.7 under Debian Linux... (Message 4 to 13 of 43)
<<< Previous 3 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Subject: Re: And once again: compiling and installing 3.7 under Debian Linux...
Date: 7 Feb 2014 19:44:13
Message: <52f57ddd$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 07.02.2014 05:48, clipka wrote:

> In order to turn the generic source code package into a Unix-specific
> one, you'll have to run "prebuild.sh" from the "./unix" directory.

...which lead to an error message:
error: requires autoconf 2.59 or above

When trying to install autoconf via apt-get, I discovered that the
Debian repositories only keep the 2.13 version! And now?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Cover Me (Bruce Springsteen)

Post a reply to this message

>> In order to turn the generic source code package into a Unix-specific
>> one, you'll have to run "prebuild.sh" from the "./unix" directory.
>
> ...which lead to an error message:
> error: requires autoconf 2.59 or above
>
> When trying to install autoconf via apt-get, I discovered that the
> Debian repositories only keep the 2.13 version! And now?

http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/#downloading

Post a reply to this message