POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What Ray tracing technique does POVRay use? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:16:55 EDT (-0400)
  What Ray tracing technique does POVRay use? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: handos
Subject: What Ray tracing technique does POVRay use?
Date: 20 Oct 2012 17:00:01
Message: <web.508310b6294e13c9d7ae32040@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

I have used POVRay for some time but I would like to have more understanding of
the pipeline of POVRay renderings. Sorry, I might be asking a very naive
question but can someone please enlighten me what type of ray tracing technique
does POVRay use? Is it Distributed raytracing, Stochastic ray tracing? How does
it obtain radiosity? Is it the old form-factor based or is it something else?

Thank you.

Post a reply to this message