POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spanish Patio -Parse Error Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:27:29 EDT (-0400)
  Spanish Patio -Parse Error (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: sic2
Subject: Spanish Patio -Parse Error
Date: 22 May 2012 05:50:00
Message: <web.4fbb602e76b4f9d2149d439b0@news.povray.org>
I am trying to render the following scene:
http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=Patio
using MegaPOV (I cannot use PovRay on Mac).

I already included all the necessary additional files: LightsysIV.

However, when I am rendering the scene I get the following parse error:

File: .../Spanish Patio/patio/meshlath.inc  Line: 33
File Context (5 lines):
// horner's rule
#macro Horner(T,row,point
Parse Error: Expected 'identifier or expression.', point found instead

I have not changed anything in the file provided by Ignoracia, so I do not see
what I am doing wrong.

Any help is welcome.

Post a reply to this message

> I am trying to render the following scene:
> http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=Patio
> using MegaPOV (I cannot use PovRay on Mac).
>
> I already included all the necessary additional files: LightsysIV.
>
> However, when I am rendering the scene I get the following parse error:
>
> File: .../Spanish Patio/patio/meshlath.inc  Line: 33
> File Context (5 lines):
> // horner's rule
> #macro Horner(T,row,point
> Parse Error: Expected 'identifier or expression.', point found instead
>
> I have not changed anything in the file provided by Ignoracia, so I do not see
> what I am doing wrong.
>
> Any help is welcome.

I also get the following error:

File: TOMLEAF.inc  Line: 5
Possible Parse Error: Could not find file 'Leaf.tga'
File: TOMLEAF.inc  Line: 5
File Context (5 lines):
//these declarations are only the bodies for the leaves below
#declare BODY=
height_field
{
 tga "Leaf.tga"
Parse Error: Cannot open TGA image.

If I outcomment the fountain code (which was generating the previous error).

I tried to get these files here:
http://pkgs.org/centos-6-rhel-6/epel-x86_64/tkgate-2.0-10.beta10.el6.x86_64.rpm.html

using RPMinator1.15b for Mac, but it did not work out. I was impossible to
extract the RPM archive.

Post a reply to this message

> > I am trying to render the following scene:
> > http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=Patio
> > using MegaPOV (I cannot use PovRay on Mac).
> >
> > I already included all the necessary additional files: LightsysIV.
> >
> > However, when I am rendering the scene I get the following parse error:
> >
> > File: .../Spanish Patio/patio/meshlath.inc  Line: 33
> > File Context (5 lines):
> > // horner's rule
> > #macro Horner(T,row,point
> > Parse Error: Expected 'identifier or expression.', point found instead
> >
> > I have not changed anything in the file provided by Ignoracia, so I do not see
> > what I am doing wrong.
> >
> > Any help is welcome.
>
> I also get the following error:
>
> File: TOMLEAF.inc  Line: 5
> Possible Parse Error: Could not find file 'Leaf.tga'
> File: TOMLEAF.inc  Line: 5
> File Context (5 lines):
> //these declarations are only the bodies for the leaves below
> #declare BODY=
> height_field
> {
>  tga "Leaf.tga"
> Parse Error: Cannot open TGA image.
>
> If I outcomment the fountain code (which was generating the previous error).
>
> I tried to get these files here:
> http://pkgs.org/centos-6-rhel-6/epel-x86_64/tkgate-2.0-10.beta10.el6.x86_64.rpm.html
>
> using RPMinator1.15b for Mac, but it did not work out. I was impossible to
> extract the RPM archive.

Update:

I found the files for TOMTREE at his website:

http://www.aust-manufaktur.de/austv2x.html (just click on TOMTREE, the one
written vertically on the right side).

I still need help for the first part of the post, so please HELP!

thank you very much in advance ;)

Post a reply to this message

> I am trying to render the following scene:
> http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=Patio
> using MegaPOV (I cannot use PovRay on Mac).

In povray.beta-test you can find the latest version 3.7 RC5 for Mac.

> However, when I am rendering the scene I get the following parse error:
>
> File: .../Spanish Patio/patio/meshlath.inc  Line: 33
> File Context (5 lines):
> // horner's rule
> #macro Horner(T,row,point
> Parse Error: Expected 'identifier or expression.', point found instead
>
> I have not changed anything in the file provided by Ignoracia, so I do not see
> what I am doing wrong.
>
> Any help is welcome.

Strange. The scene renders without problems here. Using version 3.7 RC5
for Windows, without changes to the scene (except for folder pointers)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> > I am trying to render the following scene:
> > http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=Patio
> > using MegaPOV (I cannot use PovRay on Mac).
>
> In povray.beta-test you can find the latest version 3.7 RC5 for Mac.
>
> > However, when I am rendering the scene I get the following parse error:
> >
> > File: .../Spanish Patio/patio/meshlath.inc  Line: 33
> > File Context (5 lines):
> > // horner's rule
> > #macro Horner(T,row,point
> > Parse Error: Expected 'identifier or expression.', point found instead
> >
> > I have not changed anything in the file provided by Ignoracia, so I do not see
> > what I am doing wrong.
> >
> > Any help is welcome.
>
> Strange. The scene renders without problems here. Using version 3.7 RC5
> for Windows, without changes to the scene (except for folder pointers)
>
> Thomas

I managed to contact the author of the scene. Apparently I had to change point
to pointt.
It works now. Thank you very much.
Hope this post will be helpful for others in the future.

Post a reply to this message

> I am trying to render the following scene:
> http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=Patio
> using MegaPOV (I cannot use PovRay on Mac).
>
> I already included all the necessary additional files: LightsysIV.
>
> However, when I am rendering the scene I get the following parse error:
>
> File: .../Spanish Patio/patio/meshlath.inc  Line: 33
> File Context (5 lines):
> // horner's rule
> #macro Horner(T,row,point
> Parse Error: Expected 'identifier or expression.', point found instead
>
> I have not changed anything in the file provided by Ignoracia, so I do not see
> what I am doing wrong.

MegaPOV reserves "point" as a keyword for its projection pattern.

As future versions or derivatives of POV-Ray may introduce additional
all-lowercase identifiers as keywords, it best practice to start
variable names with an uppercase letter; apparently though, even the
best don't always adhere to this.

Post a reply to this message