POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Editing while Rendering Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:32:29 EDT (-0400)
  Editing while Rendering (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: clipka
Subject: Editing while Rendering
Date: 28 Apr 2012 09:09:15
Message: <4f9bebfb$1@news.povray.org>
There are some features you learn to appreciate only when you do /not/
have them: Testing out the inbuilt render engine of DAZ 4 Pro, I just
spent 15 minutes doing nothing but staring at a progress bar dialog, and
thinking how wonderful it would be if I could do some further work on
the scene in the meantime...

POV-Ray FTW!

Post a reply to this message

> There are some features you learn to appreciate only when you do /not/
> have them: Testing out the inbuilt render engine of DAZ 4 Pro, I just
> spent 15 minutes doing nothing but staring at a progress bar dialog, and
> thinking how wonderful it would be if I could do some further work on
> the scene in the meantime...
>
> POV-Ray FTW!

I fully agree with you!

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> There are some features you learn to appreciate only when you do /not/
> have them: Testing out the inbuilt render engine of DAZ 4 Pro, I just
> spent 15 minutes doing nothing but staring at a progress bar dialog, and
> thinking how wonderful it would be if I could do some further work on
> the scene in the meantime...

I know the feeling.
One advantage of having bought Poser Pro is that rendering is quick. It
uses all the pc's cores. Cloth simulations are much quicker too, as is
saving files.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> One advantage of having bought Poser Pro is that rendering is quick. It
> uses all the pc's cores. Cloth simulations are much quicker too, as is
> saving files.

Which are all reasons why I shall buy Poser Pro sometime in the future
indeed.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> One advantage of having bought Poser Pro is that rendering is quick. It
> uses all the pc's cores. Cloth simulations are much quicker too, as is
> saving files.

..and I see that Poser Pro 2012 has "Background Rendering" too.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message