POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can't get a good outdoor lighting! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:27:43 EDT (-0400)
  Can't get a good outdoor lighting! (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: zlacelle
Subject: Can't get a good outdoor lighting!
Date: 6 Feb 2012 16:15:00
Message: <web.4f3042ab99418d39b20ba7100@news.povray.org>
I've been messing around with lighting, fog, etc for a large outdoor scene, but
I can't seem to make good sunlight!

What I've done now is created about 5 or 6 point light sources with slightly
different colors, and I get an OK-lighted scene.  But, the lighting just doesn't
look at all like a realistic outdoor environment.

When I switch to a single light source, even when it's a parallel light source,
the scene is VERY dark.  I have a sky sphere which is emitting ambient and
diffuse lighting, and if I didn't have this then the scene would be almost
black.

Anybody have any good experience with outdoor lighting?  Any suggestions?

Post a reply to this message