POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Starscape Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  Starscape (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Anthony D  Baye
Subject: Starscape
Date: 19 May 2011 02:50:01
Message: <web.4dd4bd8722f492289c4fb0ad0@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to create an interesting starfield using a sky_sphere.  I considered
using stars.inc, but (and I think I've encountered this problem before) the
pre-defined starfield pigments are not what I expected.  They don't even look
like stars.

This is the best I've been able to come up with so far:

sky_sphere {
     pigment {
          granite
          color_map {
               [0.00 rgb 0.0]
               [0.80 rgb 0.0]
               [0.85 rgb 1.0]
               }
               scale 0.0001
          }
     }

I would like to add more color, and different size stars.  Perhaps some
clustering (might take a pigment_map).

Any help would be appreciated.

A.D.B.

Post a reply to this message