POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Volume rendering tool with povray export? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:21:34 EDT (-0400)
  Volume rendering tool with povray export? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Frank
Subject: Volume rendering tool with povray export?
Date: 29 Mar 2011 10:00:01
Message: <web.4d91e58d95534cc6e2e1a8c50@news.povray.org>
I have a couple of 3D (medical CT, PET, ultrasound...) volume datasets, which I
want to render using povray. I have done this before, and the flexibility (e.g.
being able to include additional 3D objects, using segmented datasets, combine
datasets and being able to deform datasets in time using proper scripts) was
very convenient. However, determining parameters for view, visualization and
others for me was hard to do, we worked right on the script level.

Can anybody recommend a tool like v3d, that allows me to interactively determine
view parameters for volume rendering, and exports them to a povray script for
advanced feature editing? I looked at the software recommended on povray.org,
but all of them seem to concentrate on solid modeling.

Thanks, Frank

Post a reply to this message

Le 29/03/2011 15:58, Frank nous fit lire :
> I have a couple of 3D (medical CT, PET, ultrasound...) volume datasets, which I
> want to render using povray. I have done this before, and the flexibility (e.g.
> being able to include additional 3D objects, using segmented datasets, combine
> datasets and being able to deform datasets in time using proper scripts) was
> very convenient. However, determining parameters for view, visualization and
> others for me was hard to do, we worked right on the script level.
>
> Can anybody recommend a tool like v3d, that allows me to interactively determine
> view parameters for volume rendering, and exports them to a povray script for
> advanced feature editing? I looked at the software recommended on povray.org,
> but all of them seem to concentrate on solid modeling.

Paul Bourke made a nice page about visualisation of 3D scalar field.

http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/geometry/polygonise/

Good readings and browsing.

Post a reply to this message