POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : color differences when doing partial renderings Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:17:53 EDT (-0400)
  color differences when doing partial renderings (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: stevenvh
Subject: color differences when doing partial renderings
Date: 12 Jan 2011 03:25:01
Message: <web.4d2d6477d935f551c0721a1d0@news.povray.org>
I wanted to create a rather large image (19050x7620) but v37 RC2 failed to
finish the rendering, so I had to create partial renderings and stitch them
together; I'm using Photoshop for this.
After stitching I noticed minute differences in color either side of the seam,
for instance #404013 on one side and #3F3E12 on the other. This doesn't seem
much, but along a straight line this is clearly visible. Shouldn't a pixel's
color be independent of other (rendered or not) pixels surrounding it?

Post a reply to this message

> I wanted to create a rather large image (19050x7620) but v37 RC2 failed to

That's v3.7 RC2, of course.

Post a reply to this message

> color be independent of other (rendered or not) pixels surrounding it?

Are you rendering with AA ?
Only -A (disabling AA) would not look around for other "pixels"

there is more option about Antialiasing (AA), see

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_1.3#Anti-Aliasing_Options

Jitter amount may play a role too.

Post a reply to this message