POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : color differences when doing partial renderings : Re: color differences when doing partial renderings Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:25:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: color differences when doing partial renderings
From: clipka
Date: 13 Jan 2011 07:13:57
Message: <4d2eec85$1@news.povray.org>
Am 12.01.2011 14:31, schrieb stevenvh:

> Yes, I am, but as I understand it radiosity influences pixels color through the
> object's color in the scene, not the (adjacent) pixels in the image.

That's right, but as radiosity is a sample-based algorithm, results
depend on where exactly throughout the scene the radiosity samples are
taken. This in turn depends on the exact order in which the pixels were
rendered during pretrace - which in turn depends (a) on which areas are
covered by pretrace anyway (which obviously differs between renders of
different subsection of the image) and (b) on thread scheduling by the
OS (which may be different even between two renders with exactly
identical parameters).