POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Creating an Office Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:27:07 EDT (-0400)
  Creating an Office (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: yara
Subject: Creating an Office
Date: 14 Jul 2009 13:20:00
Message: <web.4a5cbe2631caf091f0b6e6d20@news.povray.org>
Hi. I am a high school student taking a course on povray during the summer.
Our first project was to create an office on povray.
I managed to complete but I need some help editing it and making the office look
a little more realistic.
Thanks again, here's the code :)

#include "textures.inc"
#include "colors.inc"
camera { location <0, 6, -24> look_at <0,1,3>}

light_source { <8,20, -15> color rgb <1.5,1.5,1.5> }
background {color White}

plane {<0,1,0>,-2
 texture{
              pigment{checker
                         color White color rgb<0.8,0.65,0.8>
                      scale 0.5}
              finish { diffuse 0.35 reflection 0.4}
             }// end of texture
        }

#declare table = union {
box { < -3,1,-1>, <2,2,6>
        texture {Silver_Metal}}
box { <-3,1,-1>, <-2,-2,0>
         texture { pigment {color rgb <0,0,0>}}}
box { <2,1,-1>, <1,-2,0>
         texture { pigment {color rgb <0,0,0>}}}
box { <2,1,6>, <1,-2,6>
         texture { pigment {color rgb <0,0,0>}}}
box { <-3,1,6>, <-2,-2,5>
         texture { pigment {color rgb <0,0,0>}}}    }

object {table
translate <-8,0,5> }

object { table
translate <8,0,5> }

object { table
translate <8,0,-5> }

object { table
translate <-7,0,-5> }

plane {<1,0,0>,-15
 texture{pigment{ color Blue} }}

plane {<0,0,1>,15
 texture{
              pigment{ color Blue}}}

#declare chair = union {
box { < -1,0,0>, <3,1,3>
texture { pigment {Cherry_Wood} } }

box { <3,1,3>, <2.5,4,0>
texture { pigment {Cherry_Wood} } }

box { <-1,0,0>, <-.5,-2,.75>
texture { pigment {Cherry_Wood} } }

box { <3,0,0>, <2.5,-2,.75>
texture { pigment {Cherry_Wood} } }

box { <-1,0,3>, <-.5,-2,2.25>
texture { pigment {Cherry_Wood} } }

box { <3,0,3>, <2.5,-2,2.25>
texture { pigment {Cherry_Wood} } }
}

object {chair
translate <8,0,-5> }

object {chair
translate <8,0,5.5> }

object {chair
rotate y*180
translate <-8,0,5.5>}

object {chair
rotate y*180
translate <-8,0,-2>}

#declare vase = union {
sor { 9,

<0,0>, <1.25,.75>, <.75,1.25>, <1.25,2.25>, <1.5, 3.25>, <1, 4.5>, <.75, 5.25>,
<1.5,5.75>, <.5,5.75>
pigment {Blue}
finish {ambient .3
phong .75}
}

cylinder { <0,5.75,.25>, <0,6.75,.25>,.1
 texture { pigment {MediumSeaGreen} } }

sphere { <0,6.75,0>,.5
texture { pigment {Yellow} } }

sphere { <.7,6.75,.5>,.52
texture { pigment {Scarlet} } }

sphere { <-.7,6.75,.5>,.52
texture { pigment {Scarlet} } }

sphere { <0,7.5,.5>,.52
texture { pigment {Scarlet} } }

sphere { <0,6.05,.5>,.52
texture { pigment {Scarlet} } } }

object {vase
scale <.5,.5,.5>
translate <-6,1.5,-2>}

#declare book = union {
prism {linear_sweep
linear_spline
0,
1,
6,
<0,0>, <1,0>, <1,2>, <-1,2>, <-1,0>, <0,0>
pigment {Scarlet}}  }

object {book
scale <1,.15,1>
rotate y*15
translate <8,2,-4>}

#declare book2 = union {
prism {linear_sweep
linear_spline
0,
..5,
6,
<0,0>, <1,0>, <1,2>, <-1,2>, <-1,0>, <0,0>
pigment {Black}}  }

object {book2
rotate y*-15
translate <8,2.15,-4>}

#declare paper = union {
prism {linear_sweep
linear_spline
0,
..05,
6,
<0,0>, <1,0>, <1,2>, <-1,2>, <-1,0>, <0,0>
pigment {White}} }

object {paper
rotate y*15
translate <-7,2,-5>}

object {paper
rotate y*15
translate <-7.5,2.05,-4.5>}

object {paper
rotate y*15
translate <-8,2.1,-5>}

#declare frame =
box { <3,0,3>, <2.75,-2,2.5>
texture {Silver_Metal} }

#declare picture = union {
object { frame
rotate z*-65
translate <0,-.25,0>}

object { frame
scale <1,1.25,1>
rotate z*30
translate <-2,-3,0>}
}
object {picture
translate <5.85,5.85,-8>}

#declare trash =
difference {
cylinder { <1,1,1>, <1,4.5,1>,1.5
     texture {pigment {Black}} }
cylinder { <1,1,1>, <1,5,1>,1.25

     texture {pigment {Black}} }
}

object {trash
translate <0,-3,9> }

#declare pencup = difference {
cylinder { <1,1,1>, <1,1.75,1>,.5
     texture {pigment {Red}} }
cylinder { <1,1,1>, <1,2,1>,.25

     texture {pigment {Red} }}}

object { pencup
translate <4.75,1,4.5>}

cylinder { <5.75,2.5,5.25>, <5.75,3.75,5.25>, .075
texture {pigment {ForestGreen}
}}

#declare laptop =
box { <6,2,5.5>, <9,2.35,7.5> }