POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : ANN: 3.7 .inc file improvement project Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:30:57 EDT (-0400)
  ANN: 3.7 .inc file improvement project (Message 13 to 22 of 22)
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Subject: Re: ANN: 3.7 .inc file improvement project
Date: 27 Mar 2009 20:45:27
Message: <49cd7327@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
> "[GDS|Entropy]" <gds-entropy    AT    hotmail   DOT  com> wrote:
>
>> I would also like to have the community donate their best textures to
>> this
>> effort. It will be important for these textures to use features that v3.7
>> will have, no megapov specific textures, please. Compatibility with
>> radiosity also a plus.
>>
>> Depending on the volume of response, I may make a portal available on my
>> site for this purpose. That would be later if needed at all.
>>
>> I will take care of contact sheets.
>>
>> So for now, bring your best textures!
>>
>> ian
>
> Regarding our texture ideas: Should we post them here? If so, I'm thinking
> that
> it might be better to switch this thread over to p.b.i--before it gets too
> involved--so that we can post images of what our textures look like. Just
> thought.
>
> KW

That could be a good idea. If we used the txview342 program we can generate
contact sheets for all textures, then select the ones we wish to submit for
inclusion, and generate contact sheets for those.

You can always e-mail me the files as well, and let me do the dirty work.

BTW your modified shapes.inc and macros would be good to post. Anything that
improves povray should be included.

I'm trying to convert some c++ gaussian/other rand code to povray as well.
That is rather difficult thought do to the fact we don't have datatypes and
proper for/do loops. :-(

ian

Post a reply to this message