POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : What happened to the wiki? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  What happened to the wiki? (Message 29 to 38 of 38)
From: SharkD
Subject: Re: What happened to the wiki?
Date: 3 Dec 2008 14:00:00
Message: <web.4936d729b9967b05f91b32f80@news.povray.org>
stbenge <THI### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Jim Holsenback wrote:
> > and he decided to take it offline for a
> > while, as there was no new real POV contributions being added ....
>
> Why do I feel personally responsible for this? I had two tutorials I
> (publicly) planned on putting up... whenever I figured out how to add my
> own pages. Not that two tutorials would have amounted to much, but just
> look at what happened in p.b.i. the other day. One person commented on
> the lack of images, then this other person posted a couple, and then it
> was a minor flood of images after that. The same could happen to a
> wiki... maybe.
>
> Sam

I have already written several POV tutorials I'd like to transfer to the wiki.

http://gearheadrpg.com/wiki/index.php?title=Guides:Assembling_Sprites
http://gearheadrpg.com/wiki/index.php?title=Guides:Dithering
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Quadrant/3864/legobap.htm
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Quadrant/3864/legochrom.htm

-Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris B
Date: 11 Dec 2008 09:25:56
Message: <494122f4$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

> "Chris Cason" <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote in
> message news:49349f45$1@news.povray.org...
>> Moral: I can't have a publicly-editable wiki without someone monitoring
>> changes
>> (I don't have time). It one or several of you want to enforce proper
>> usage of
>> the wiki and regularly monitor changes (like, at least once a day amongst
>> you)
>> then I'll put it back online more or less immediately.
>
> Count me in ..... I'd be willing to make a daily patrol.
>
> Jim

Hi Chris,

If Nicolas is prepared to keep tabs on an RSS feed and Jim is ok with doing
a manual daily check, then what do you need us to commit to in terms of
'enforcing proper usage' to get the Wiki back up?

Regards,
Chris B.

Post a reply to this message

"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> "Jim Holsenback" <jho### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> >
> > "Chris Cason" <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote in
> > message news:49349f45$1@news.povray.org...
> >> Moral: I can't have a publicly-editable wiki without someone monitoring
> >> changes
> >> (I don't have time). It one or several of you want to enforce proper
> >> usage of
> >> the wiki and regularly monitor changes (like, at least once a day amongst
> >> you)
> >> then I'll put it back online more or less immediately.
> >
> > Count me in ..... I'd be willing to make a daily patrol.
> >
> > Jim
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> If Nicolas is prepared to keep tabs on an RSS feed and Jim is ok with doing
> a manual daily check, then what do you need us to commit to in terms of
> 'enforcing proper usage' to get the Wiki back up?
>
> Regards,
> Chris B.

And a related question - in what way should we respond if we come across
problems?  Is there going to be a preferred email address for reporting such
things, or are there going to be janitors that can lock pages/privileges
temporarily?

-Reactor

Post a reply to this message