POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Christmas tree lights? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Christmas tree lights? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Subject: Christmas tree lights?
Date: 31 Oct 2008 10:32:08
Message: <490b16e8$1@news.povray.org>
I want to create Christmas tree lights for a scene that may become a
Christmas card.  I'm thinking of using the MegaPov glow feature, but because
they will be somewhat close-up, I'm not sure it's up to the task.  Ideally,
the bulb would be visible, yet still emitting some light.

Does anyone else have any experience with this?  If not, any help on which
direction I might want to pursue would be appreciated (emitting media inside
an object, etc.)  Basically, I just want a fairly realistic looking
christmas tree, but the tree and balls I've got handled.

Post a reply to this message