POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Shadow density Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Shadow density (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: user
Subject: Shadow density
Date: 24 Oct 2008 09:55:02
Message: <web.4901d2f89d477d5ce2381b720@news.povray.org>
Hi All!

Please help me anybody slove some issue. How I do to increase hilight in
shadowed areas without increasing global hightlight?

Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Shadow density
Date: 24 Oct 2008 10:40:41
Message: <4901de69@news.povray.org>
"user" <ser### [at] gmailcom> schreef in bericht
> Hi All!
>
> Please help me anybody slove some issue. How I do to increase hilight in
> shadowed areas without increasing global hightlight?
>
> Thanks.

Radiosity is the best answer. If you want something faster (for testing for
instance) use an additional, shadowless light. For instance:

//start code
//main light:
light_source {
  <0, 0, 0>            // light's position (translated below)
  color rgb <1, 1, 1>*2  // light's color
  translate <-100, 10, -100>
}

//fill-in light:
light_source {
  <0, 0, 0>            // light's position (translated below)
  color rgb <1, 1, 1>*0.3  // light's color
  translate <100, 10, -100>
  shadowless
}

//end code