POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rounded prisms Revisted Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Rounded prisms Revisted (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Leroy
Subject: Rounded prisms Revisted
Date: 8 Aug 2008 00:23:44
Message: <489BE70C.8050103@joplin.com>
I couldn't let those rounded prisms alone. I gave up on making a prism
like object that uses prism like data inputs. I decide to take a prism
object and make a mesh2 object that has round corners. The first try is
in P.binaries with images in P.images.
  The way I work this out was to use the trace function along with
max_extent,min_extent to create an array of points that represents the
prism object as viewed from above, with 1 being the solid part and 0
being a space (or miss). With that array I use several average passes
that when done was used to adjust the heights of another pass with the
trace function. And of course make Mesh2 of that data.
  Like I said the file is in P.binaies, it needs a little more
documentation.  I like to heard what you think.

Have Fun!

Post a reply to this message