POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : normal on/off in 2-pass radiosity Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  normal on/off in 2-pass radiosity (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: normal on/off in 2-pass radiosity
Date: 7 Jul 2008 10:01:09
Message: <487221a5$1@news.povray.org>
Q: when using a 2-pass radiosity render and in the case normals need to be
calculated, where should normal be set to on? In the first pass (saved)? or
the second? or both?

Thanks!!

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: Re: normal on/off in 2-pass radiosity
Date: 7 Jul 2008 12:59:51
Message: <48724b87@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote in message
> Q: when using a 2-pass radiosity render and in the case normals need to be
> calculated, where should normal be set to on? In the first pass (saved)?
> or the second? or both?

it seems to make more sense having normal on during the 1st pass when your
collecting rad data ..... sometime ago I remember a post that offered if you
don't care about normals just turn it off as it slows things down. I did a
small test and it does indeed.

just my 0.02 worth

Jim

Post a reply to this message