POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : integrating pov-objects on real images Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:29:05 EDT (-0400)
  integrating pov-objects on real images (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: kike
Subject: integrating pov-objects on real images
Date: 11 Apr 2008 14:35:00
Message: <web.47ffae6677fae1e5be7bfb550@news.povray.org>
Hi guys:
I've being posting some questions all related to the fact that I'm doing a video
with both pov and real images (video).

Part of this video takes place on a room and my approach has been to built the
room in cg so I can mix real recorded images with my pov-created room. But for
the moment, this images are entirely video recorded or cg. But what would be
interesting is to mix them so I can introduce pov into video.

I know there are tools in 3Dstudio and Maya to do that. And I know aswell there
are not such kind of tools in pov. But do you know about jobs on this? Someone
has tried to integrate cg on photos or video with pov? Are there written
protocols or tutorials to do this with pov?

Thanks

Post a reply to this message

> I've being posting some questions all related to the fact that I'm doing a video
> with both pov and real images (video).
>
> Part of this video takes place on a room and my approach has been to built the
> room in cg so I can mix real recorded images with my pov-created room. But for
> the moment, this images are entirely video recorded or cg. But what would be
> interesting is to mix them so I can introduce pov into video.
>
> I know there are tools in 3Dstudio and Maya to do that. And I know aswell there
> are not such kind of tools in pov. But do you know about jobs on this? Someone
> has tried to integrate cg on photos or video with pov? Are there written
> protocols or tutorials to do this with pov?

Sounds like we need Rune here...

See his Illusion include file:
http://runevision.com/3d/include/#96

especially section 5.3 of the readme inside:

"5.3   Photo manipulation tool
******************************
If you have a photo, picture, drawing, or whatever, and want to place
raytraced objects in it, casting the appropriate shadows, then the
Illusion Include File might be your answer.
Imagine you have a photo of a desktop and you want to place a raytraced
object on it. First look at the photo as if it were a raytraced picture.
  Figure out where the desktop is located relative to the light_sources.
  Try to model the scene. Just make a simple flat box for the desktop
and add the light_sources. Make sure that the sum of the intensities of
the light_sources equals to rgb 1. Make a distant plane or very big
sphere that covers the whole background. Now add the photo to the whole
scene as an illusion texture. The hard part is to make the photo line up
correctly with the modeled objects. In the finish of the illusion
texture use an ambient value that matches the ambient light in the
photo. Make the sum of the ambient and the diffuse value equal to 1 and
use brilliance 0.  Now you should be able to place objects on the
desktop and watch them cast the right shadows."

Maybe this is relevant as well:

http://runevision.com/3d/anims/#51
http://runevision.com/3d/anims/hologram.asp

Post a reply to this message