POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Photon Map: Created at Lower Res than Scene? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:16:28 EDT (-0400)
  Photon Map: Created at Lower Res than Scene? (Message 21 to 30 of 54)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: Photon Map: Created at Lower Res than Scene?
Date: 28 Jan 2008 10:51:30
Message: <479dfa02$1@news.povray.org>

>> I tried with photons, and there were very long periods where the
>> "photons shot" counter didn't change, which could mean POV-Ray is
>> shooting lots of photons but "missing the object".
>
> Photon count went up until a minute of shooting passed, then it got
> stuck at 41294 photons shot. Been at that number for *20 minutes*.

12 hours later, 208446 photons shot.

Post a reply to this message

From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 28 Jan 2008 12:15:16
Message: <479e0da4@news.povray.org>
My PC came to around 32,000, before it crashed. Let's see...

Sven

"Nicolas Alvarez" <nic### [at] gmailisthebestcom> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:479dfa02$1@news.povray.org...

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 28 Jan 2008 12:20:46
Message: <479e0eee$1@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski escribió:
> My PC came to around 32,000, before it crashed. Let's see...

I added autostop 0.0. It's supposed to improve speed. The manual says
"always use autostop unless it causes problems". I can't tell if it
"causes problems" until I see the final image :)

Post a reply to this message