POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HGE FractalFlake v1.0 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  HGE FractalFlake v1.0 (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: Samuel Benge
Subject: HGE FractalFlake v1.0
Date: 11 Nov 2007 19:27:43
Message: <47379dff$1@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

I have created a new snowflake generator for Windows. It is a complete
rewrite and is based on an iterative fractal function. It produces
fairly realistic snowflakes.

You will need DirectX v8.0 or above for this program to work. There are
many options available, including support for different image resolutions.

The link:
http://www.caltel.com/~abenge/hgeFractalFlake1.zip

Just unzip the file into a single directory and you're good to go!

Some example images:
http://www.caltel.com/~abenge/ff1b.jpg
http://www.caltel.com/~abenge/ff1a.jpg

Enjoy!

Sam

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 16:27:22 -0800, Samuel Benge wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have created a new snowflake generator for Windows. It is a complete
> rewrite and is based on an iterative fractal function. It produces
> fairly realistic snowflakes.
>
> You will need DirectX v8.0 or above for this program to work. There are
> many options available, including support for different image
> resolutions.

Sadly, also doesn't run under WINE (though the result is a bit more
spectacular - I see the help text flashing, but when I say "go", the
machine crashed *hard*) or in W2K under VMware. :-(

Jim

Post a reply to this message