POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Projecting a photograph on to a 3D model Server Time
31 Jul 2024 00:27:11 EDT (-0400)
  Projecting a photograph on to a 3D model (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Mark Karaska
Subject: Projecting a photograph on to a 3D model
Date: 5 Dec 2007 14:20:30
Message: <4756f9fe@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I have a photograph of a city taken from a plane showing the sides of
buildings. I'd like to project the photo on to my 3D model of the city.

Can POVRAY do this?
Thanks,
Mark

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Re: Projecting a photograph on to a 3D model
Date: 5 Dec 2007 14:34:35
Message: <4756fd4b$1@news.povray.org>
Mark Karaska escribió:
> Hi,
> I have a photograph of a city taken from a plane showing the sides of
> buildings. I'd like to project the photo on to my 3D model of the city.
>
> Can POVRAY do this?

Any object can have an image_map. It's a bit tricky to get a different
image on each side of a box{}, I'm sure somebody else could help you
more on how to do that.

If you want to really "project" an image into a complex object (think on
how a real projector would work on a non-planar surface), try Rune's
illusion.inc.
http://runevision.com/show.asp?id=96

Post a reply to this message