POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Question on Moray Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:30:40 EDT (-0400)
  Question on Moray (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: Hall
Subject: Question on Moray
Date: 17 Sep 2007 22:56:40
Message: <46ef3e68$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,
    I just downloaded Moray and installed it on my computer.  The Moray
website says registration is no longer necessary, but when Moray starts up,
it says in one of the startup windows that I should register the program in
30 days.  Do I need to enter some kind of registration information for Moray
to stay functional after 30 days, or can I ignore Moray's being
unregistered?  Any info on this would be appreciated.

S. Hall

Post a reply to this message

>    I just downloaded Moray and installed it on my computer.  The Moray
> website says registration is no longer necessary, but when Moray starts
> up, it says in one of the startup windows that I should register the
> program in 30 days.  Do I need to enter some kind of registration
> information for Moray to stay functional after 30 days, or can I ignore
> Moray's being unregistered?  Any info on this would be appreciated.
>
> S. Hall

You can ignore it (if you are patient enough).
After 30 days it will bore you at every export to POV with a window telling
you to register.
It is even more upsetting if you use the animation plugin because Moray
exports a POV file at every frame...
But it will stay fully functional.

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: Arne Kleinophorst
Date: 18 Sep 2007 02:52:11
Message: <46ef759b$1@news.povray.org>
Hall schrieb:
> Hello,
>     I just downloaded Moray and installed it on my computer.  The Moray
> website says registration is no longer necessary, but when Moray starts up,
> it says in one of the startup windows that I should register the program in
> 30 days.  Do I need to enter some kind of registration information for Moray
> to stay functional after 30 days, or can I ignore Moray's being
> unregistered?  Any info on this would be appreciated.
>
> S. Hall

Apart from being in the wrong Newsgroup the answer is: Yes, you need a
registry code. There was no new version after the change of the license
and the version you can download still requires a code.

Sadly there doesn't seem to be an official code to unlock the version
until the renewed version is released.

I will ask Lutz for one, maybe he can help.

Regards
Arne

Post a reply to this message

From: Arne Kleinophorst
Date: 18 Sep 2007 09:55:52
Message: <46efd8e8$1@news.povray.org>
Arne Kleinophorst schrieb:
> Hall schrieb:
>> Hello,
>>     I just downloaded Moray and installed it on my computer.  The
>> Moray website says registration is no longer necessary, but when Moray
>> starts up, it says in one of the startup windows that I should
>> register the program in 30 days.  Do I need to enter some kind of
>> registration information for Moray to stay functional after 30 days,
>> or can I ignore Moray's being unregistered?  Any info on this would be
>> appreciated.
>>
>> S. Hall

Lutz answered!

Have a look at :

http://www.stmuc.com/moray/meregi.html

and enjoy it:)

Regards Arne

Post a reply to this message

From: Hall
Date: 19 Sep 2007 07:41:29
Message: <46f10ae9@news.povray.org>
That is good!
:)
S .Hall
"Arne Kleinophorst" <kle### [at] spamdebitelnet> wrote in message
> Arne Kleinophorst schrieb:
>> Hall schrieb:
>>> Hello,
>>>     I just downloaded Moray and installed it on my computer.  The Moray
>>> website says registration is no longer necessary, but when Moray starts
>>> up, it says in one of the startup windows that I should register the
>>> program in 30 days.  Do I need to enter some kind of registration
>>> information for Moray to stay functional after 30 days, or can I ignore
>>> Moray's being unregistered?  Any info on this would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> S. Hall
>
> Lutz answered!
>
> Have a look at :
>
> http://www.stmuc.com/moray/meregi.html
>
> and enjoy it:)
>
> Regards Arne

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 7 Nov 2007 20:22:00
Message: <473264b8@news.povray.org>

> http://www.stmuc.com/moray/meregi.html

When will the "new version without the registration system" be released?

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Nov 2007 20:54:39
Message: <47326c5f@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 22:21:55 -0300, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> Arne Kleinophorst escribió:
>>
>> http://www.stmuc.com/moray/meregi.html
>>

> When will the "new version without the registration system" be released?

When the team gets to it, and not one second sooner?

They've kinda got their hands full with 3.7, as has been discussed in
MANY other threads in various groups.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 8 Nov 2007 09:44:55
Message: <473320e7@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson escribió:
> On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 22:21:55 -0300, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>
>> Arne Kleinophorst escribió:
>>> http://www.stmuc.com/moray/meregi.html
>>>

>> When will the "new version without the registration system" be released?
>
> When the team gets to it, and not one second sooner?
>
> They've kinda got their hands full with 3.7, as has been discussed in
> MANY other threads in various groups.

The original Moray developers are working on 3.7? "We will be releasing
a final build without any registration requirements and nag screens in a
few weeks" was written with "we" being "Lutz and Markus".

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Nov 2007 10:39:17
Message: <47332da5$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 11:44:49 -0300, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> The original Moray developers are working on 3.7? "We will be releasing
> a final build without any registration requirements and nag screens in a
> few weeks" was written with "we" being "Lutz and Markus".

I believe "we" is the POVray team, not Lutz and Markus....Everything I've
read indicated (to me) that they were not making any more changes...

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 8 Nov 2007 12:25:36
Message: <47334690@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson escribió:
> On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 11:44:49 -0300, Nicolas Alvarez wrote:
>
>> The original Moray developers are working on 3.7? "We will be releasing
>> a final build without any registration requirements and nag screens in a
>> few weeks" was written with "we" being "Lutz and Markus".
>
> I believe "we" is the POVray team, not Lutz and Markus....Everything I've
> read indicated (to me) that they were not making any more changes...

http://www.stmuc.com/moray/menews.html

The last news is "signed" by Lutz and Markus.