POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVray Wiki Server Time
2 Jun 2024 20:43:41 EDT (-0400)
  POVray Wiki (Message 13 to 22 of 22)
From: Chris Cason
Subject: Re: POVray Wiki
Date: 18 Oct 2007 18:02:02
Message: <4717d7da$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I thought the main audience of this new wiki was POV-Ray developers,
> with its main goal being the development of POV-Ray 4.0 and beyond.

Initially, this is so.

>   Perhaps the wiki could be split into two distinct parts: Development
> and users. The former would deal with the development of the program
> (especially concentrating on pov4), while the latter could contain
> everything related to using the program.

This is a good idea. I had already thought I would like to find a way to
import the POV documentation into the wiki (need to finish setting up some
math and latex stuff for that), to allow either annotations or corrections.
(What becomes of it after that is a different question - I doubt that the
wiki would support sufficiently rich layout that we could directly export
the edited docs into the same form as in which they currently exist).

I'd also encourage folks to add tutorials and suchlike to the wiki, under
the user section.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message