POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A new SDL Idea Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:27:24 EDT (-0400)
  A new SDL Idea (Message 11 to 20 of 118)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: A new SDL Idea
Date: 3 Oct 2007 20:23:50
Message: <47043296$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 01:16:33 +0200, Zeger Knaepen wrote:

> uhm, VisualStudio Express is free, isn't it ?

Doesn't do the non-Windows crowd much good, though.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Date: 3 Oct 2007 23:39:16
Message: <47046064$1@news.povray.org>
Zeger Knaepen nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/10/03 19:16:
> "Rarius" <rar### [at] rariuscouk> wrote in message
>> I must admit to liking the idea of a POV library... especially a .POV.
>> Being a software engineer by trade thats not really surprising!
>>
>> For many of us hard core coders that wouldn't be a bad solution. But it
>> would require a .NET developement environment and they don't come cheap
>> (unless your boss provides one like mine does!)
>>
>> POVRay has always been free and I hope it will remain so. If it suddenly
>> requires an expensive developement suite like VisualStudio that blows the
>> whole "free" thing out of the water.
>
> uhm, VisualStudio Express is free, isn't it ?
>
> cu!
Will it run on a Mac?
Will it run on Linux or Unix? ANY version?
Will it run on... anything NOT windows?
Will it run on older versions of windows?

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you have ever brought your

Post a reply to this message